What’s good and bad gut bacteria and how do they affect our children’s gut and immune health? In this episode of the SuperMom Expert Series – Probiotics 101, SuperMom Parent Influencer and Mother of Two, Cheryl Wee talks to Dr Dave Ong, paediatrician of Kids Clinic @ Punggol to find out more!
Here’s what we learn!
1. Good Bacteria vs Bad Bacteria!
Good Bacteria, otherwise known as probiotics, have many important functions:
- Probiotics help to break down food into nutrients which body can use.
- Probiotics fight off bad bacteria in our gut to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Probiotics also help to strengthen our immunity!
2. An imbalance in good and bad bacteria in the gut can result in a number of problems with your child’s tummy! Watch out for these signs and bring your child to a paediatrician for a check:
- Child’s stomach may feel full with a lot of gas.
- Child passes motion too frequently.
- Child experiences difficulty in passing motion
3. Maintain a healthy digestive system with probiotics! Key ways to maintain good gut health include:
- Take more fruits and vegetables for dietary fibre and prebiotics.
- Ensure a healthy diet which is low in processed food, oil, excessive salt and sugar.
- Taking food rich in probiotics such as yoghurt and cultured milk drinks.
- And your probiotics supplements!
For your children’s probiotics needs, SuperMom is proud to introduce Biostime! Biostime is the World’s No.1 brand of children’s probiotics supplements*, specially formulated to support our children’s digestive health and enhance our children’s immunity.
Biostime Probiotics with 2’-FL Children Food Supplement contains 17 Billion active probiotics^ and are enriched with 2’-FL. It comes in convenient powder sachets of 28 per box, scientifically formulated for children from 12 months to 7 years old!
Promote good gut health and immunity for your child with Biostime Probiotics! For more information head over to https://biostime.com.sg/.
* Source: Euromonitor’s research findings as generated via desk research and trade interviews, measured in terms of retail sales value in 2017 and 2018
^the amount at the time of release from the manufacturing site